CA15217 – ITC Conference Grants
(Vademecum, Section 9)
How to apply:
Please send your application parallel to the ITC Conference Grant Coordinator Robert Stojanov, email@example.com AND also upload the application onto eCOST here https://e-services.cost.eu/conferencegrant . (This is due to technical issues with eCOST and might change over the course of the action´s lifetime.)
Please include the following documents also in your email to the ITC Coordinator:
- CV (incl. a list of academic publications – if applicable)
- A short description of your involvement in this COST action
- Acceptance letter from the conference organisers (confirming either your speaking slot or your poster presentation)
- A copy of your abstract or poster submitted to the conference
- General Information
- ITC Coordinator for CA15217 is Robert Stojanov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Official User Guidelines from COST
- Who is eligible?
- PhD students and Early Career Investigators (award of PhD 8 years or less ago) from participating ITC.
- The applicant must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD student or postdoctoral fellow.
- For being eligible the applicant´s primary affiliation needs to be to an institution in an ITC (i.e. ITC applicants can have citizenship and residency in a non-ITC and ITC applicants can travel from different countries with appropriate justification.
- The ITC countries are: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, fYR Macedonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey.
- The applicant must make a presentation (oral or poster) at the conference and must be listed in the official conference programme. The topic must relate to the OceanGov action and must acknowledge COST (e.g. logos, also see section 9 Vademecum).
- Participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the Action MC, which has given this mandate to the ITC Coordinator.
- Although European conferences are preferred, conferences elsewhere will also be considered.
- Procedure on eCOST: Submission + Approval
Applications are submitted to the ITC Coordinator Robert Stojanov. At the same time the applicant is required to upload the application onto eCOST under https://e-services.cost.eu/conferencegrant .
The Actions Chair is automatically notified about the application and convenes with the ITC Coordinator about the application. After the application has been approved by the Action Chair, the Grant Holder is notified about this and sends out the Grant Notification letter.
- Selection Criteria
Selections will be based upon the following evaluation criteria in order to rank the applications:
- Eligibility per COST criteria as stated above;
- Quality of research/project outline (including clear goals and deliverables such as publications, relevance for OceanGov in general and Working Group in particular);
- Financial viability
- Gender balance and distribution of applicants among ITCs as evenly as possible.
- Financial Contribution
- Up to a maximum of EUR 2,500 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant;
- Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses; Meals and accommodation expenses supported by the host institution must be deducted from this allowance.
- Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for conference fees to be incurred by the selected grantee. Documented evidence (invoice) is required for claiming a conference fee.
- Scientific Report + Payment of Grant
30 calendar days after the respective conference´s end date the grantee has to submit a scientific report to the ITC Coordinator. Payment of the grant is subject to the report being approved by the ITC Coordinator in a written procedure to the Grant Holder. The Grant Holder is required to archive the approved report and can then initiate the payment to the grantee.